Monday, February 16, 2009

J Mac

I write about and coach sports because I see the potential to uplift the human spirit.

One of the beauties of the Internet is that even if an event is "old" by news standards, through video posting and archiving it can reach a new audience any time.

One such video is that of young Jason McElwain's amazing basketball performance the one time he saw actual playing time. You've got to watch the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngzyhnkT_jY

Any honest viewer has to be impressed. And moved. It's these moments that sports are all about: to revel in the achievement of a hero; to see the underdog get his due. If you want to learn more about J Mac, check out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_McElwain

I'm grateful for the friend that told me about Jason so that I had time to share his story with my kids before the Superbowl. It gave the commercial he was in an added sense of triumph for all of us.

“Diem perséquere!"

Hunt the Day Down. Attack today. Go out and make it yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment